Do you miss the personal ads from Craigslist? For many people, it was their favorite online dating platform.
Sure, the platform still has its traditional classified listings for which it’s known. But there was a completely different side of the site on personals. Casual dates, local meet-and-greets, and so much more were just a few taps away.
You’re in luck if you’re one of those many that miss the Craigslist personals section. After its removal from the site, a crop of new personal sites was born. We spent time reviewing these alternatives to find the very best and most reliable.
Below are several of the best online personal and Craigslist alternatives still thriving as we roll into this new year:
As you can see, there are quite a few exciting platforms to explore. You may recognize the names of some of them already.
The Best Online Personals and Craigslist Alternatives for 2023
|⭐ AdultFriendFinder||Overall best Craigslist alternative|
|⭐ AshleyMadison||Online dating|
|⭐ ClassifiedAds||Casual dating|
|⭐ NoStringsAttached||Single and married couples|
|⭐ Seeking.com||Successful and attractive people|
Now, we’ll take a deep dive into each site as we explain how they work as a reliable alternative.
AdultFriendFinder is a perfect Craigslist alternative thanks to its open-minded community for all the relationships and arrangements that may be unconventional. Here, you’ll find people that match your interests and quirks. It’s a place where many go to not worry about getting judged for their lifestyle.
AFF shines when it comes to casual dating. Click the tab at the top of the page on their site to find what they’re offering.
- A plethora of dating features
- The vast user base of open-minded users
- The website design feels old and a bit outdated
The Craigslist personals used to be frequented by a unique population of people. Some of these people were looking to get into some naughty fun — without their spouse. In many cases, they wanted to have an affair without their spouse ever even knowing. Would you be surprised to learn there’s a platform that caters to this very arrangement?
Ashley Madison isn’t technically a personals site; it still makes for an excellent Craigslist alternative. It’s undoubtedly a non-traditional type of dating platform. Enjoy the ability to navigate quickly and features like online chatting and sending or receiving virtual gifts.
You don’t have to rely on an algorithm to make connections that cause sparks to fly. Instead, their search function is robust and helps you find matches with similar interests to yours.
- Ashley Madison is available as an app
- The interface is sleek and user-friendly
- Not suitable for all lifestyles, primarily fit for married dating and secret affairs
For Craigslist, without any limits, be sure to try out ClassifiedAds. Specifically, check out their Casual Dating section. Across it, you’ll find people of all walks of life seeking FWB relationships, casual hookups, and more. Besides illegal activities, you can find just what you’re looking for by simply writing an ad yourself.
- A Craigslist alternative with no limits
- It’s easy to find like-minded people.
- The site itself is more like Craigslist than Craigslist’s Personals section, though their Casual Dating category is still a win.
As the name implies, No Strings Attached is where single and married people get something simple. They’re looking to have certain urges satisfied if you know what we mean.
Everything is SSL-encrypted, so your info is always safe. Still, that doesn’t mean you should go giving out all your information to people. Remember, they’re still strangers online! The platform puts work into their safety features, which we appreciate exponentially.
- Very few scams or catfish profiles; many are high-quality, real connections you might match with
- The signup process is fast and easy.
- Overall, reasonable prices to sign up beyond the free version.
- The account dashboard and overall feel of the site is user-friendly
- There are only three membership packages available.
- Free users have limited features.
Another classifieds site, Locanto, is a lot like Craigslist. Post personal ads on just about anything for a specific region or geographical area.
- Open to anyone and free to use, making it ripe for use as a Craigslist alternative
- Sites are available by region, similar to the former Craiglist Personals platform.
- While it is open to anyone, the platform isn’t a dedicated personals classifieds.
Another Craigslist replacement is DoubleList. The site looks so similar to Craigslist in every aspect. Take a trip back to when Craigslist did have their personals section when you use DoubleList instead.
- It’s easy to find a casual hookup here.
- The site is free and open to anyone.
- The platform looks and feels like Craigslist.
- There’s a limit to how many videos and photos you can upload
Designed for high-class professionals, Seeking is a site you’d go to to get what you’re after. There are no mistaking someone’s intentions on here if they write them enough on their bio. Fortunately, many users on the site do precisely that.
- The average user can find a date in 5 days.
- Set special arrangements instead of the typical vanilla dating routine
- Not free for men
Oodle picks up where Craiglist left off. As an alternative nowadays, it’s a classifieds site with a personals section just like Craigslist formerly had.
- Features similar to Craigslist.
- Dedicated personals sections like Craiglist used to have
- You can’t post without an account
If you’re a part of the LGBTQ+ community, you may find better luck on OutPersonals. It’s essentially the Craigslist alternative for gay singles.
- Many international listings
- Made specifically for the LGBTQ+ community
- There’s no app for the site
Reddit is a massive platform. On it, a subreddit lurks, called dirtyr4r. Completely free, you’ll find a massive variety of ads here. That’s not the only subreddit to find a casual sex partner on.
- No limit on the number of ads you post, though specific subreddits may have their own rules
- Free to sign up and use completely
- Easy to find troll accounts here
We consider Alt.com one of the absolute best dating sites you could use if you have a kink, and this goes especially if that kink is BDSM-related. Free to sign up and a great way to let your fetishes loose.
Our Favorite Feature
Don’t fear judgment here. Explore your wild side on a platform that accepts kinks, from roleplay to BDSM bondage sessions.
- Free accounts are an option, which is ideal for those who want to test the waters before subscribing.
- A site that specializes in kink and fetishes — especially BDSM
- Because it’s free to sign up, you may stumble into fake accounts or catfishes.
Craigslist.org (Activity Partners Section)
Since the Craigslist Personals category is gone, some people have used an alternative still on the site. The Activity Partners section is pretty self-explanatory. It’s where you go to find partners to do activities with! If any of those activities happen to be on the naughtier side, it’s all well and good. Just be wary as some users may report your post on occasion.
Our Favorite Feature
It’s still Craigslist! You can feel confident on the same site you were frequenting before, and we loved that.
- Still Craigslist, so you’re probably familiar with the interface.
- You might discover other activities you’re interested in while frequenting the site.
- Not every lifestyle or activity is accepted there. Something taboo enough may get your post reported
Unique among our Craigslist alternatives is FetLife. More of a social media site than a personals website; it’s where kink-minded users come to mingle.
Our Favorite Feature
It’s always free! FetLife comes in clutch when you want to get devious and don’t want to jump through hoops. Creating an account is easy and free.
- Perfect platform for casual encounters and local meets
- Search by a plethora of kinks
- Over 6 million active members monthly
- The interface and feel are different compared to Craigslist.
- More of a social network than a personal ads site
How to Use Craigslist Alternatives and Personal Ads Safely
Safety always comes first — especially when it comes to interacting with strangers online! Sex traffickers, financial scams, and other deceitful factors always lurk in the dark of the internet. When using Craigslist alternatives and online personals, we want to go over some tips to stay safe.
8 Tips on How to Stay Safe
- If a user or a personal ad sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Make sure to always listen to your gut with this one.
- Never give out your financial information on the web. It’s far too familiar and easy for that info to fall into the wrong hands.
- Some aspects of your life should never mingle together. Likewise, never give out your info. Keep your personal information private, including your home address, personal phone number, and workplace. Using these sites should stay separate from the rest.
- If you meet someone IRL or go on a date, tell a friend or family member. Let them know where you’re supposed to be going and when to expect you back home.
- On that same note, always meet in public for the first meeting. Even if your date seems safe and trustworthy — make sure where you’re going is a public place.
- Don’t accept a ride from them to the destination. Take your mode of transportation to and from a date.
- Check out who you’re talking to or going to meet in person on other social media sites. It doesn’t hurt to do some research to see what kind of person they are in the first place. More importantly, it helps ensure they’re not catfishing you.
- Finally, block and report any suspicious users or nefarious activity. There are some red flags to pay attention to when interacting with strangers online.
Examples of Red Flags to Watch Out for in Other Users:
- Tries to sell you services or products
- Asks for financial assistance in any way, typically because of a sudden or unexpected financial crisis
- Attempts to threaten, intimidate, or pressure you in any way or into doing anything you don’t freely want to do
- It tells grandiose or inconsistent stories.
- Requests more personal information about you under the guise of talking to you easier or sending you things. (i.e., asking for your home address to send you flowers, your phone number because they don’t get app notifications, etc.)
- Requests photos or sends offensive/harassing messages, especially when you don’t respond immediately or how they want you to
Final Thoughts on the Best Online Personals and Craigslist Alternatives
When looking for the perfect Craigslist alternatives, it can be challenging to know where to turn. If you want to find the best online personals and alternatives to Craigslist, make sure you check out the sites above.
Whether you’re looking for a date in your area or a casual relationship, these platforms can help. Everyone is different, so take your time experimenting with different sites on our list. Over time, you’ll find just what you’ve been waiting for.