As scientific research unravels and supports the countless health-related benefits of intermittent fasting, it has become increasingly popular along with fasting tracker apps. Even celebrities like Halle Berry, Jennifer Aniston and the tech giant Elon Musk have hopped onto the intermittent fasting bandwagon. In a podcast with Joe Rogan, Elon Musk told his audience that he has been trying intermittent fasting and has successfully lost 20 pounds making him feel much healthier.
However, adhering to a time-restricted eating lifestyle is not a piece of cake. This is where the fasting tracker apps come in! Intermittent fasting tracker apps is an easy and convenient way of monitoring one’s eating schedule allowing you to set more realistic health-related goals.
Our expert team have tested 50 fasting apps that are available on Google Play and Apple App Store. Below are the ten best and the most popular ones we picked based on user-friendliness, accessibility, effectiveness and innovation.
1. Litely -The most innovative
1.1 A brief introduction to Litely:
Litely is an innovative, accessible fasting tracker app that conquered the health and fitness trackers market in 2023. Thinking of hitting your dream weight but do not have the motivation to stick to the daily mechanics of intermittent fasting? With its personal fasting program, Litely is just the right app for you! The 24/7 AI coach feature, where you can get science-based tips and daily motivation is what really distinguishes this app from others of its kind. If you are someone who is motivated by external factors, we recommend you give Litely a shot.
1.2 The best features of this app
- Personalized fasting schedules based on age, weight, and health goals
- 24/7 AI coach powered by Chatgpt for real-time support and personalized guidance
- a variety of fast-friendly food recipes and general meal planner
- A simple, user-friendly design with all the fasting tools required for success
- A statistical system that provides valuable insights into your overall bodily health
- An extensive selection of evidence-based information and educational content in the form of articles and audio created by health and weight loss specialists
- The community feature: Live, allows you to join a supportive network of fellow fasters
1.3 Pros and cons
Personalized fasting plan
24/7 AI coach
Friendly, approachable design
A wide variety of recipes catering to a variety of dietary requirements
Customize personal fasting plan
A supportive build-in-app fasting community
Lack of a food tracker
1.4 Why we picked it
We chose this app and placed it right at the top of our list because of its dedication to innovation. Litely also includes a variety of additional features not traditionally found in other fasting apps; such as meal plans, body measurements, a coaching system, and a successfully built, real supportive community. These features will undoubtedly give people looking to lose weight a new lease on life.
1.5 How much does Litely cost?
Litely Pro (1 Month) – $14.99
Litely Pro (3 Months) – $33.99
Litely Pro (12 Months) – $80.99
Get Litely app here.
2. Zero – The most popular
2.1 A brief introduction of Zero:
Used and endorsed by Elon Musk, Zero is one of the most classic and popular tracking apps. With over 1 million downloads, the app has a rating of 4.8/5 on the App Store.
2.2 The best features of this app
- Zero is one of the most holistic and complete tracking apps with tons of free features like fasting timers, tracking journals and eight different fasting plans.
- The app’s informational articles are continuously updated to help users gain new insights into a healthy lifestyle.
- It has a chat feature that allows you to ask health-related questions.
- Zero offers more than a dozen challenges, making fasting more fun.
2.3 Pros and cons
Recommended by celebrity
Contain video courses about fasting
Include interesting Challenges feature
Ketone levels can be logged
Not very user-friendly
Some features are useless
2.4 Why we picked it
We learned about this app after it was reported all over the world as a result of Elon Musk’s recommendation. After testing, we discovered that this app is very useful for people who are fasting. They create trustworthy video courses about fasting knowledge rather than just articles, making the learning process much easier for newcomers. If you find it is boring to learn fasting knowledge, you can download this app and learn it through videos.
2.5 How much does Zero cost?
Zero plus (1 month): $9.99
Zero plus (12 months): $69.99
3. Fasting Hero – The simplest
3.1 A brief introduction to Fasting Hero:
Fasting Hero is a simple and user-friendly tracking app that provides basic features like fasting time and performance charts. The app has an impressive 4.9/5.0 rating on Google Play.
3.2 The best features of this app
- If you are looking for a simple tracker & timer for your fast, then Fasting Hero is the ideal choice.
- It allows you to make multiple fasting plans, receive fasting reminders and log your daily fast.
- The app also publishes fasting success stories for motivation and inspiration.
3.3 Pros and cons
Easy to use
Provide all basic features
Suitable for beginners
3.4 Why we picked it
To be honest, the reason why we choose this app is because it’s totally free but contains all basic features, such as different fasting plans, weight tracker and water tracker. It’s very useful for tracking if you just get started on fasting.
3.5 How much does Fasting Hero cost?
This app is completely free, but only offers very basic tracking features. If all you need is tracking, this app is just right for you. You won’t be prompted to pay while using it.
4. Femometer Intermittent Fasting – The best for women
4.1 A brief introduction of Femometer Intermittent Fasting:
An intermittent fasting app designed specifically for women, Femometer Intermittent Fasting has a clean, user-friendly design. Besides being the number 1 fasting tracker for Women, Femometer Intermittent Fasting also boasts a 4.8/5.0 on the App Store.
4.2 The best features of this app
- The simple, sleek design of the app draws the attention of girls
- It has basic features like a Femometer Fasting tracker, nutritional information and recipes
- Femometer Intermittent Fasting also has a Body Status feature that regulates different lifestyle habits like sleep schedule, daily activity and food & water intake to provide valuable insights about your overall body health.
4.3 Pros and cons
Female friendly design
Give insights on female fasting
Not for man
Complicated pricing structure
4.4 Why we picked it
We noticed this app has a very unique design on its user interface, which is a factor that makes it truly exceptional. Here you will find all of the elements are tailored for women, like using female figure images instead of male figure photos to decorate the content and the clean design and beautiful color schemes are obviously for women. At the same time, it contains lots of features that help women fasting much more easier as a fasting tracker app so I’m really excited to pick this app for women who are doing IF.
4.5 How much does Femometer Intermittent Fasting cost?
Femometer Prime (1 Month) – $9.99
Femometer Prime (3 Months) – $19.9
Femometer Prime (12 Months) – $29.99
5. BodyFast – The best for meal-planning
5.1 A brief introduction to BodyFast:
BodyFast is also one of the most classic and popular tracking apps with all basic features that most fasting people require. This free, fasting tracking app is rated 4.7/5.0 on the App Store.
5.2 The best features of this app
- The BodyFast Coach program gives you diet planning and weight loss tips based on your personal data like age, weight,
- Informational articles and guides are also customized to user’s personal information and are great for sticking to a fasting schedule
- A rich database of more than 100 delicious, healthy recipes allows for more effective meal-planning
5.3 Pros and cons
Offer a body tracker
Provide motivational daily coachings
Few free features
Some features may confuse customers
5.4 Why we picked it
Bodyfast is widely regarded as one of the best intermittent fasting apps available. We decided to give it a shot to see if it was as good as we’d heard. This app is essentially your personal intermittent fasting assistant, unlike the majority of fasting apps which are simply fasting trackers. The daily coachings, the most excellent part, are very inspiring and can help you get through the road bumps in your fasting journey.
5.5 How much does BodyFast cost?
BodyFast Coach (1 Month) – $16.99
BodyFast Coach (3 Months) – $ 34.99
BodyFast Coach (12 Months) – $ 69.99
6. Fastic – The Best for Better Eating Habits
6.1 A brief introduction to Fastic:
The best thing about Fastic is its versatility; it is suitable for both newbies and fasting veterans as it has both basic and advanced features. Fastic is rated 4.8/5.0 on the App Store and has over 20 million users.
6.2 The best features of this app
- The app has a simple, user-friendly design fitting in all the fasting tools you would require, as well as a tremendous statistical system
- The Fastic app has over 400 different recipes that not only help with weight loss but are also suitable for maintaining your overall body health
- It encourages users to stay on track by acquiring day-offs
6.3 Pros and cons
Accurate fasting periods
Excellent user experience
Unique and professional fasting courses
Abundant healthy recipes
A little of expensive
Upgrading to paid feels forced
6.4 Why we picked it
Fastic is a popular app that has assisted over 500,000 people in sticking to their intermittent fasting plan,which is the main reason why we decide to test it. You can benefit from all the essential features that a fasting app should have in addition to other advanced features like daily challenges and nutritious recipes. It has developed over 400 scrumptious and healthy recipes that will take back control of your taste buds.
6.5 How much does Fastic cost?
Fastic Plus (1 Month) – $12.99
Fastic Plus (3 Months) – $ 27.99
Fastic Plus (12 Months) – $163
7. Simple – The best for basics
7.1 A brief introduction of Simple:
As the name suggests, Simple is a simple, free fasting tracking app with basic tracking, journaling and logging features and is perfect for beginners. The app has an impressive rating of 4.9/5.0 on the App Store.
7.2 The best features of this app
- Simple includes many comprehensive features like fasting tracking, recipes and customized tracking protocols.
- The app provides customized content like easy-to-use meal plans, recipes and educational articles based on a user’s personal health records.
- If you are an iPhone user, the Simple app can be easily connected to your Health App to track your weight, heart rate, blood pressure, sleeping schedule & water and food intake, etc.
7.3 Pros and cons
Accurate fasting periods
Numerous fun and easy-to-learn content
Health data can be connected to your Health App
Slides for the articles may frustrate
7.4 Why we picked it
Simple, like its name suggests, provides customized services to assist you in responsibly achieving your goals in a simple manner. It allows you to check off daily tasks to keep track of your weight loss progress and has the most articles of any app we’ve reviewed, which is what distinguishes it from the others. You can know more about what’s happening in your body and how IF supports a healthy metabolism by reading the beneficial and easy-to-understand facts.
7.5 How much does Simple cost?
Simple Premium (1 Month) – $14.99
Simple Premium (3 Months) – $ 29.99
Simple Premium (12 Months) – $155.54
8. 168 Intermittent Fasting – The best for Quick Weight Loss
8.1 A brief introduction to 168 Intermittent Fasting:
If you struggle with body weight and have opted for intermittent fasting to lose weight, then 168 Intermittent Fasting is a must-have!
8.2 The best features of this app
- 168 Intermittent Fasting is easy-to-use and provides a detailed fasting guide for newcomers.
- This app offers hundreds of delicious, easy-to-cook Keto recipes that help you reach your weight goal faster and easier.
- The app’s informational articles are continuously updated to help users gain new insights into a healthy lifestyle
- The app has a Smart Tracker feature that auto tracks your fasting time and logs your vitals
- 168 Intermittent Fasting also offers statistics, customized meal plans, and a Body Status check.
8.3 Pros and cons
Easy to use
Healthy keto recipes
Friendly for beginners
Customizable fasting plans
Upgrading to paid feels forced
Too few educational contents
8.4 Why we picked it
168 Intermittent Fasting is a well-known app for keeping track of your daily tasks regarding IF. It offers science-based advice and articles for common problems and also enables you to pick from popular intermittent fasting regimens or custom your own fast just like other fasting apps. This app’s features are simple to grasp, making it ideal for those who have never used a fasting tracker app before. But I’d have to say that the app is relatively simple in comparison to other apps for the free version, it will add a lot of depth if you choose to upgrade.
8.5 How much does 168 Intermittent Fasting cost?
Fasting Tracker Pro(1 Month) – $12.99
Fasting Tracker Pro(6 Months) – $29.99
Fasting Tracker Pro(12 Months) – $39.99
9. IF Intermittent fasting 168 – The best for Easy Weight Loss
9.1 A brief introduction to IF Intermittent fasting 168:
Weight loss can be a real struggle, and with the IF Intermittent Fasting 168 app, you can reach your desired weight goal at a leisurely, comfortable pace. The app has a rating of 3.7/5.0 on the App store but has also grown to over 3 million users.
9.2 The best features of this app
- While too much information on the app’s tracker complicates it, IF Intermittent Fasting 168 still has a lot to offer its users, like a fasting planner, water tracker and weight tracker, etc.
- Customized meal plans accommodate individual allergies and intolerances and have a wide range of options, from vegan to low-carb.
- The app’s database of recipes also has vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian and keto options.
9.3 Pros and cons
Easy to use
Clean and sleek interface
A little expensive
Trackers not versatile enough
9.4 Why we picked it
IF Intermittent Fasting 168 is a helpful fasting tool that provides pliable fasting service. It includes a basic fasting timer, water timer, and weight tracker, as well as some motivational features such as motivational prompts and an exclusive Facebook group to help you connect with other IF folks. The recipes are made to fit your needs and goals. You can pick vegan, vegetarian, keto if you like. You will get much more than you pay for, and this could be one of the best tools for making intermittent fasting achievable.
9.5 How much does IF Intermittent Fasting 168 cost?
IF Premium (1 Month) – $12.49
IF Premium (3 Months) – $24.99
IF Premium (12 Months) – $ 59.99
10. Kompanion- A true Fasting companion
10.1 A brief introduction of Kompanion:
Kompanion is a user-interactive and user-friendly fasting tracking app with more than 100,000 downloads on the App Store and a rating of 4.2/5.0.
10.2 The best features of this app
- As far as its features are concerned, Kompanion is very similar to Fastic and Zero.
- The app offers tailor-made fasting plans to align your fasting goals with your physical requirements.
- The Mood Graphs feature helps you to reflect upon your fasting progress.
- Exclusive blog articles help users increase their knowledge of intermittent
10.3 Pros and cons
Easy to use
Qualified fasting tracker
Accurate fasting periods
Friendly for beginners
Recipes not included
Limited tracking system
Upgrading to paid feels forced
10.4 Why we picked it
Kompanion is a strong tool that gifts you with a companion and keep you inspired to achieve your goals and become your best self through intermittent fasting with its useful features. Having a Kompanion means you’ll have someone to turn to for personalized plans, expert tips, and genuine motivation to help you make it. You can also receive individualized insights from your Kompanion on how to maximize IF.
10.5 How much does Kompanion cost?
Kompanion Plus (1 Month) – $12.99
Kompanion Plus (3 Months) – $ 29.99
Kompanion Plus (12 Months) – $69.99
intermittent fasting is a highly effective weight loss and health improvement strategy. By incorporating one of the best fasting tracker apps into your routine, you can take your intermittent fasting journey to the next level. Whether you’re looking for personalized fasting plans, real-time tracking, supportive communities, or intuitive interfaces, there is an app on this list that will suit your needs. And with the power of AI and machine learning, these apps can help you achieve your goals faster and more efficiently than ever before. So what are you waiting for? Download one of these apps today and start your intermittent fasting journey with confidence and success!
FAQ on Intermittent Fasting Tracker Apps
Is there an app that is completely free?
We do have a totally free app, which you might be looking for. Fasting Hero allows you to use all features for free, but it has one drawback that most of you will mind: all of the features it includes are too basic. You can simply use it to keep track of your fasts and weight. Based on my personal experience, I recommend using the free versions of other apps that offer a diverse range of essential features. Take Litely for an example, you can access insights into your fasting progress, weight, and exercise without paying a dime. In addition, the Live feature, which offers peer support and daily motivation, is also available for free. So, instead of searching for a completely free app, consider using the free versions of other apps that offer diverse and essential features. You might be surprised to find that they work just as well.
How do I know which app is best for me?
Almost every app help you track your personal data, but they varies in other respects. When choosing an app, you should understand your needs and goals. For example, if you are someone who want to get personalized advice, you can try Simple. The Simple trackers give you insights into your eating and drinking habits.