Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
In tomorrow’s City Paper:
- On the cover: Rachel Beckman follows a group of Roosevelt Senior High students as they try to build a robot. One incredible kid is their only hope.
- Loose Lips profiles Our Nation’s Capital, a virtually unknown nonprofit that landed at $300,000 statehood-education grant from the District government
- The “Mayor” of D.C. hip-hop, Nile “the Mayor” Nu’Man, doesn’t need any reporters to get his word out. Sarah Godfrey interviews him anyway.
- In Young & Hungry, Anne Marson details the lengths restaurants go to to keep their tables turning over. And no, it’s not just Ray’s the Steaks.
- Tricia Olszewski reviews the JT LeRoy movie; Mark Jenkins assesses a pair of Hiroshi Sugimoto exhibits; Joe Banno weighs in on the KenCen’s take on Donizetti; not to mention theater reviews from Bob Mondello and Trey Graham.
- Plus Cheap Seats, Young & Hungry, Savage Love, and all your favorites.