Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
Every week, we round up Pay-Whats and other cheap seats at local theaters. Just so’s your weekend is a little easier.
Theaterboy extraordinaire Trey Graham has removed himself to, um, Zimbabwe for a vacay, so he isn’t around to do the pay-what roundup this week. But here’s a much less pithy and less comprehensive list.
To quote the master: (A) Reservations for these? Not so much. Generally, you show up an hour or so before curtain and ask. (B) They’re offered on a space-available basis, so have a backup plan. (C) Click each theater name for details and contact info.
- The Washington Shakespeare Company presents a pay-what-you-can performance of Richard II Saturday, April 29, at 2 p.m. (800) 494-8497
- Journeymen Theater Ensemble presents a pay-what-you-can performance of Manicures & Monuments Wednesday, May 3, at 7:30 p.m. (202) 399-7993
- Catalyst Theater Company presents pay-what-you-can performances of Someone Who’ll Watch Over Me Wednesday, May 3, and Thursday, May 4, at 7:30 p.m. (202) 494-3776
And here’s some other special performances:
- Arena Stage presents an audio-described performance of Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill Thursday, May 4, at 8 p.m. $49–$68. (202) 488-3300
- Arena Stage presents sign-interpreted performances of Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill Thursday, April 27, at 8 p.m., and Sunday, April 30, at 7:30 p.m. $49–$68. (202) 488-3300
- The Shakespeare Theatre Company presents audio-described performances of The Persians Saturday, April 29, at 2 p.m., and Thursday, May 4, at 8 p.m. $14.25–$71.25. (202) 547-1122
- Folger Shakespeare Library presents a sign-interpreted performance of A Game of Love and Chance Sunday, April 30, at 2 p.m. $30–$49. (202) 544-7077