City Paper is not for tourists
In tomorrow’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- A cover profile of pickpocket hunter Cedric Mitchell by Huan Hsu. This Metro detective is the city’s top cop when it comes to catching artful dodgers—and he has some pretty strange relationships with some of them.
- In Loose Lips: James Jones details how Linda Cropp screwed up her smear of fellow mayoral candidate Adrian Fenty. Plus: Marion Barry throws his weight around a school-board race, and an item on Natwar Gadhi’s political donation habits.
- Jason Cherkis on the long-overdue overhaul of the city’s most notorious dump.
- In Young & Hungry: Anne Marson on the final days of San Marco, a too-often-overlooked example of a dying breed: the neighborhood Italian joint
- Plus Mark Jenkins on Scritti Politti’s new album and more film, music, and theater