City Paper is not for tourists
In tomorrow’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Franklin Schneider (you may remember him from such stories as “The Drone Ranger” and our tourist-crap review) waxing about his singularly unfulfilling life on D.C.’s trendster-singles circuit. (There is this one time in Seattle, though, where he gets a gun pulled on him.)
- Arthur Delaney on the fate of police chief Charles Ramsey under the Fenty regime.
- In Loose Lips: James Jones on Marion Barry’s sabotage of fellow Ward 8er William Lockridge, plus a rundown of the school-board-prez candidates and LL’s general election endorsements.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on the bouncer’s best friend: the flashlight.
- In Cheap Seats: You’ve heard about the Sports Illustrated cover jinx. Dave McKenna posits the curse of Eastern Motors.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman on the best and worst of comfort food in D.C.
- Plus film (Tricia on Borat ,Jenkins on Babel), lots of music, theater, art (Jeffry Cudlin on John Constable), and more