Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
In tomorrow’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Franklin Schneider (you may remember him from such stories as “The Drone Ranger” and our tourist-crap review) waxing about his singularly unfulfilling life on D.C.’s trendster-singles circuit. (There is this one time in Seattle, though, where he gets a gun pulled on him.)
- Arthur Delaney on the fate of police chief Charles Ramsey under the Fenty regime.
- In Loose Lips: James Jones on Marion Barry’s sabotage of fellow Ward 8er William Lockridge, plus a rundown of the school-board-prez candidates and LL’s general election endorsements.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on the bouncer’s best friend: the flashlight.
- In Cheap Seats: You’ve heard about the Sports Illustrated cover jinx. Dave McKenna posits the curse of Eastern Motors.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman on the best and worst of comfort food in D.C.
- Plus film (Tricia on Borat ,Jenkins on Babel), lots of music, theater, art (Jeffry Cudlin on John Constable), and more