We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
In tomorrow’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- A Darrow Montgomery photo essay, Sign Languish, that documents the fading signage of D.C.’s long-lost commercial strips.
- Jason Cherkis on the closest election in all the land! (And, no, it’s no Allen–Webb.)
- In Loose Lips: James Jones on Leroy Thorpe’s ignominious exit from electoral politics, plus the scoop on Vincent Orange’s future.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on how the city makes it hard to be funny.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the fate of the famed Uline Arena.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman with news on the Quarry House, Sette Osteria, and David Greggory
- Plus film (Tricia on Iraq in Fragments, music, theater, books (Adam Mazmanian on Michael Kammen‘s history of American art controversies), and more