Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Frank Schneider on a trio of Kentucky natives who moved to Shaw and struck alternately hilarious, frightening, and bizarre relationship with a neighborhood hustler.
- Amanda S. Miller on the latest developments in the Leroy Thorpe chronicles. Here’s a taste.
- In Loose Lips: James Jones on Adrian Fenty’s big trip to New York with D.C. councilmembers to hobnob with Mike Bloomberg and talk school takeovers.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on what was behind the demise of Apex’s Liquid Ladies lesbian dance night. A D.C. cop says a rash of fights may have been to blame
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna is the first to get the Wizznutzz on the record! The occasion: the triumph of “Agent Zero.”
- Plus film, theater, food, and more