Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- James Jones on new Ward 5 Councilmember Harry Thomas Jr. He doesn’t just share a name with his late father, ward boss Harry Thomas Sr. He shares a whole philosophy.
- Arthur Delaney on the travails of a police informant named Southeast. He put a murdered in jail; now he wants his reward money. But the cops aren’t paying.
- In Loose Lips: More from James Jones on Adrian Fenty‘s double-super-secret swearing-in ceremony on Tuesday. Plus: Did the city Web site jump the gun with their new mayoral mug shots?
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould explains what exactly you have to do to get kicked out of the District’s finest nightclubs.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the continuing globalization of Washington Catholic Athletic Conference basketball.
- In Young & Hungry: Anne Marson on how Comet Ping-Pong hopes to generate nostalgia with a menu of small, pricey pizzas. And ping-pong.
- Plus film (Dreamgirls, Children of Men), music, books, and more