We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- James Jones on new Ward 5 Councilmember Harry Thomas Jr. He doesn’t just share a name with his late father, ward boss Harry Thomas Sr. He shares a whole philosophy.
- Arthur Delaney on the travails of a police informant named Southeast. He put a murdered in jail; now he wants his reward money. But the cops aren’t paying.
- In Loose Lips: More from James Jones on Adrian Fenty‘s double-super-secret swearing-in ceremony on Tuesday. Plus: Did the city Web site jump the gun with their new mayoral mug shots?
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould explains what exactly you have to do to get kicked out of the District’s finest nightclubs.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the continuing globalization of Washington Catholic Athletic Conference basketball.
- In Young & Hungry: Anne Marson on how Comet Ping-Pong hopes to generate nostalgia with a menu of small, pricey pizzas. And ping-pong.
- Plus film (Dreamgirls, Children of Men), music, books, and more