City Paper is not for tourists
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Sarah Godfrey on three members of rival gangs and the hiphop they make together.
- Amanda S. Miller on what Joseph Heller might make of a D.C. apartment dweller’s noisy vent.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on the impact of D.C.’s smoking ban on those who prefer weed.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on a local-basketball-themed Web site recently launched by Dennis Marshall, father of hoops phenom Kendall Marshall.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman treks to southern Virginia to figure out why anyone, let alone the elected officials of two states, would fight over Brunswick stew.
- Plus: Jenkins on Inland Empire, Disco (including the latest from Nas and Gwen Stefani), theater, and more.