In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Dave Jamieson with, as far as we can tell, the definitive history of the half-smoke. If you have questions about D.C.’s indigenous smoky, spicy sausage, we’ve answered them.
- Jamieson also chips in with a piece on how the thugs who assaulted Southwest activist David Sobelsohn were brought to justice. It’s a great lesson on how police work is done in the District
- In Loose Lips: More good stuff from James Jones. Does a Fenty nominee have trouble ahead in his confirmation hearing?
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the rise and fall of a baseball—Eddie Murray‘s 500th home run ball, to be specific.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman with a fresh installment of News Bites.
- Plus film, music, lots of theater, and more