Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Dave Jamieson with, as far as we can tell, the definitive history of the half-smoke. If you have questions about D.C.’s indigenous smoky, spicy sausage, we’ve answered them.
- Jamieson also chips in with a piece on how the thugs who assaulted Southwest activist David Sobelsohn were brought to justice. It’s a great lesson on how police work is done in the District
- In Loose Lips: More good stuff from James Jones. Does a Fenty nominee have trouble ahead in his confirmation hearing?
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the rise and fall of a baseball—Eddie Murray‘s 500th home run ball, to be specific.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman with a fresh installment of News Bites.
- Plus film, music, lots of theater, and more