We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Jonathan York details the doings of local attorney John W. Stewart Jr., who scammed dozens of real-estate investors.
- Angela Valdez on the controversy surrounding the demotion of a popular police commander. Turns out Robin Hoey wasn’t so popular inside the department.
- Amanda S. Miller follows up her story about residents evacuated from a dilapidated Washington Highlands building. This story still needs a happy ending, unfortunately.
- In Loose Lips: James Jones details the brains behind Adrian Fenty‘s burgeoning political machine.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the first inklings that there might be a limit to Skins fans’ faith in Joe Gibbs.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on how property-tax bills are putting the squeeze on local arts venues.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman adds the final word to the burgeoning literature on M’Dawg Haute Dogs in Adams Morgan.
- Plus Ask Bob, Suit Yourself, film, music, lots of books, and more