Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Jonathan York details the doings of local attorney John W. Stewart Jr., who scammed dozens of real-estate investors.
- Angela Valdez on the controversy surrounding the demotion of a popular police commander. Turns out Robin Hoey wasn’t so popular inside the department.
- Amanda S. Miller follows up her story about residents evacuated from a dilapidated Washington Highlands building. This story still needs a happy ending, unfortunately.
- In Loose Lips: James Jones details the brains behind Adrian Fenty‘s burgeoning political machine.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the first inklings that there might be a limit to Skins fans’ faith in Joe Gibbs.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on how property-tax bills are putting the squeeze on local arts venues.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman adds the final word to the burgeoning literature on M’Dawg Haute Dogs in Adams Morgan.
- Plus Ask Bob, Suit Yourself, film, music, lots of books, and more