We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Angela Valdez and Darrow Montgomery team up to bring a collection of long-forgotten photos from St. Elizabeths Hospital—-some truly startling and arresting images.
- Jonathan York has more on the notorious Youngin’s Towing. The city has finally gotten involved.
- In Loose Lips: James Jones on how DCPS Superintendent Clifford Janey made it clear to his underlings that he’s not long for this administration.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on how mixed martial arts—-better known as ultimate fighting—-is coming to D.C., and how one local man hopes to take advantage.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on the evolving National Music Center, housed in the Carnegie Library, late of the City Museum.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman finds the finest Texas barbecue in the region out in Clinton, Md.
- Plus Ask Bob, Suit Yourself, film, music, theater, and more