We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Holy Lit! Our rundown of all the books about God, pro and con.
- Angela Valdez on a D.C. fraud detective whose side job as a concert promoter has landed him in serious trouble.
- In Dept. of Media: Erik Wemple and I collaborating on a rundown of the Washington Post‘s exhaustive coverage of Clarendon over the past 10 years. It’s not just for midlife-crisis sufferers!
- In Loose Lips: James Jones on how Harry Thomas Jr. has had to step up his game early to keep a pair of gay strip clubs out of his ward—-and to keep his constituents happy.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the fighting Peterson brothers—-D.C. natives both in contention for boxing titles.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on how one Rockville restaurant has learned the hard way about playing the licensing game.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman on the finest Bosnian restaurant in town. Well, it’s the only Bosnian restaurant in town—-but it’s good.
- Plus Ask Bob, Suit Yourself, film, music, theater, and more