We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Holy Lit! Our rundown of all the books about God, pro and con.
- Angela Valdez on a D.C. fraud detective whose side job as a concert promoter has landed him in serious trouble.
- In Dept. of Media: Erik Wemple and I collaborating on a rundown of the Washington Post‘s exhaustive coverage of Clarendon over the past 10 years. It’s not just for midlife-crisis sufferers!
- In Loose Lips: James Jones on how Harry Thomas Jr. has had to step up his game early to keep a pair of gay strip clubs out of his ward—-and to keep his constituents happy.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the fighting Peterson brothers—-D.C. natives both in contention for boxing titles.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on how one Rockville restaurant has learned the hard way about playing the licensing game.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman on the finest Bosnian restaurant in town. Well, it’s the only Bosnian restaurant in town—-but it’s good.
- Plus Ask Bob, Suit Yourself, film, music, theater, and more