Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- A journey into the mind of the common street catcaller, courtesy of Joe Eaton. What exactly possesses a man to think that complimenting a woman’s ass as she passes him on the sidewalk might actually get him somewhere? Joe looks for an answer.
- Jonathan York on a building that doesn’t cash its tenants’ rent checks. You still wouldn’t want to live there.
- In Dept. of Media: Erik Wemple and James Jones on the Fenty administration’s alleged practice of handing killer scoops straight to the Washington Post
- In Loose Lips: Jones bids adieu to LL by recounting seven monumental errors of prognostication he made during his tenure.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the battle between pet owners and youth baseball players and coaches over a ball field near 14th and U Streets NW.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould explains why you can’t get real Sangria in Virginia.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman on Ann Cashion‘s upscale Taqueria Nacionale.
- Plus Ask Bob, Suit Yourself, film, music, theater, and more