Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
In this week’s City Paper, you’ll find:
- Jason Cherkis on how guards at the D.C. Jail let a man die.
- Joe Eaton on a beloved DCPS teacher who was fired after her visa ran out. Here’s the thing: After DCPS promised to help the Canada native get a permanent visa, they changed their policy and didn’t tell anyone.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna on the longstanding feud between Georgetown University’s John Thompson and DeMatha Catholic’s Morgan Wootton that’s only now, 35 years later, coming to an end.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould on a bird-brained problem with one of the 14th Street SiteProjects DC installations. Plus: More on the Warehouse’s folding.
- In Young & Hungry: Tim Carman on picking your own strawberries: Is it worth it?
- Plus Ask Bob, Suit Yourself, film, music, theater, and more