City Paper is not for tourists
In this week’s paper, The Education Issue, you’ll find:
- Cover Story: “The Office,” Mike DeBonis‘ thorough look at the history of bloat at DCPS headquarters and the latest attempt by Michelle Rhee to tame it
- Joe Eaton’s fun feature on the $26,790 preschool: What does a 4-year-old get for the money at Sidwell Friends? Marinated local cucumbers, and so much more!
- In the District Line: Ruth Samuelson on Ellie Gunderson, the NAACP president at Georgetown Univeristy, who just happens to be white.
- In Cheap Seats: Dave McKenna finds a Madeira student down the street in Petworth who made the move to the fancy school courtesy of Jack Kent Cooke.
- In Young & Hugry: Tim Carman gets an education on fine dining service and is less than enamored with Ladies Who Lunch.
- In Show & Tell: Jessica Gould finds a former rock star teaching Arthur Miller over at Bell Multiculti.
NEXT WEEK: Be sure to grab a paper or check online on Wednesday (a day early because of Thanksgiving) for Jason Cherkis‘ beautifully written cover story about Marian Abrams, lifelong Redskins fan.