We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
The Mayflower Hotel registered a lot of snarky reviews—only one post-Spitzer scandal—that suggest the governor of New York should have done more research before allegedly picking this joint:
Here are some sample comments:
- “This was the perfect choice in Washington DC for our family of five. The hotel is historic, grand and recently renovated.”
- “We have stayed at this hotel many times and this experience was almost bizarre…”
- “This has to be one of the worst hotels anywhere and I can only assume your other reviewers don’t get out that much…”
- “A historic grand old hotel, nicely redone, however for the price I was disappointed. The on site fitness facility was basic…”
- “If you require Wireless Internet, DO NOT stay here. There were many angry businessmen and women who were not very happy because the wireless network did not work all week…”