City Paper is not for tourists
* The Post uses Ted Kennedy‘s brain tumor diagnosis as a chance to trot out what reads like a pre-made eulogy. You’re a little early here, guys. I can’t help but be reminded of this classic SNL skit, which I’ll take any opportunity to re-watch. In the end, will it be the brain tumor, or the zombie ghost of Nixon?
* Holy shit: The National Mall is a “disgrace”? That’s what a U.S. House panel was told yesterday—-that, and it’s going to take $500 million to make it respectable again. One main issue with the Mall is that everybody wants a piece of it! Upcoming construction projects include the National Museum of African American History and Culture, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial visitors center, and the National Museum of the American Latino—-though that last one’s a maybe. Enough with all the claiming, declares Representative Jay Inslee:
“I have a concern that our generation is claiming it more than others,” said Rep. Jay Inslee, D-Wash. “I don’t want the baby boomer generation to be seen as greedy.” [via The Examiner]
* On the lighter side, Mr. T in D.C.’s kitty cat abuses drugs, leaves pawprints on the kitchen counter, looks guilty.
* Prince of Petworth will hold a happy hour tonight at 7 p.m. at the Looking Glass Lounge. There, he threatens to “cross the line of decency.” Please, no: Not two Doors of the Day!!
* Via CNN: Buy a piece of the moon, sucker. These prices are insane!
Photo by tofer618.