Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
DENVER—-These superdelegates had at one time endorsed Hillary Clinton, but ended up casting their votes for Barack Obama:
- Most prominently: Harold Ickes, the longtime Dem operative who has been among Clinton’s most dogged supporters.
- Yolanda Caraway, PR strategist
- Hartina Flournoy, American Federation of Teachers
- Ben Johnson, DNC deputy chair
- Elizabeth Smith, DNC member at large
- Mona Mohib, DNC Asian Pacific Islander American caucus
- And the there’s Ward 5’s Harry Thomas Jr., who initially supported Clinton before making an agonizing switch to Obama.