We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Polls are now open across the District of Columbia for today’s local primary. If you’re a registered Democrat, Republican, or Statehood Green, you’re free to vote until 8 p.m. If not, you’ll have to wait for Nov. 4.
A recap of LL’s endorsements:
- At-Large Democrat: Kwame R. Brown
- At-Large Republican: Carol Schwartz
- Ward 2 Democrat: Jack Evans
- Ward 4 Democrat: Muriel Bowser
- Ward 7 Democrat: Yvette Alexander
- Ward 8 Democrat: Charles E. Wilson
- Democratic Shadow Senator: Paul Strauss (or write in Eugene Dewitt Kinlow)
- Democratic Shadow Representative: Mike Panetta
- Democratic National Committeeman: Vincent B. Orange Sr.
- Democratic National Committeewoman: Deborah M. Royster
- Democratic State Committee Slate: Obama4UnityBeatsMcCain
At about 7:30 this morning, electioneering was light outside LL’s polling place, at Garnet-Patterson Middle School at 10th and V Streets NW. A lone young gentleman passed out fliers for the Obama4UnityBeatsMcCain slate, though when LL asked who he was out for, he said “D.C. for Obama,” the local grassroots group devoted to electing the Democratic presidential nominee. That’s a recipe for confusion, since there’s a slate competing with Obama4Unity called “Obama for D.C.”
Unsurprisingly, LL walked in and voted within seconds, submitting the third paper ballot of the day.
Put your polling place experiences in the comments!