* Seven years later, a Pentagon memorial is unveiled. [Via Washington Post]
* The Examiner asks if we’re safer than we were in 2001.
* In alterna-9/11 news, Busboys and Poets kicks off the “9/11 Truth Film Festival” this evening at 6 p.m.
* In case you missed it: Check out Brightest Young Things‘ comprehensive Large-Hadron-Collider-Will Kill-Us-All Doomsday coverage from yesterday, complete with stellar crying baby photo accompaniment. And via DCist: How to tell if the Hadron Collider has destroyed the Earth yet.
* And in this newspaper:
– Arthur Delaney on winning and losing rec centers
– Jule Banville on thelong, slow investigation of an Adams Morgan hate crime
– Mike DeBonis on why Kwame Brown loves Love (and the Park at 14th)
– Dave McKenna on the Redskins’ struggle to quit smoking
– And our arts & entertainment column, Show & Tell, meets its makers.
* Find your sex & gender roundup over at The Sexist.
Photo by Darrow Montgomery