Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
- Liza Mundy wrote a book about Michelle Obama. It was not a fun project. Read her account at Slate.com
- When Ted Koppel was an NBC page, he “dated his way through the Radio City Rockettes.” Today’s pages may not all be having quite as much fun (the usual tasks: “$10 an hour to photocopy, fetch coffee and often stand sentry outside studio doors in empty hallways”), but the program remains. The New York Timestakes a look at it.
- Two DCPS school guards admit to taking bribes and allowing Eastern High School’s grounds to be used for a parking business, NBC reports.
- New York-based food blog Serious Eats posts its guide to eating in D.C.—-few surprises, but a nice roundup of reminders of where to go.
- Barack Obama would probably be president now, if yesterday was election day. See proof here from the Washington Post.