Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
* Miss the debate? Don’t head to the live blogs: Head to the live blog of the live blogs.
* G.W. student blog The Colonialist has a couple photos of Dick Cheney being released from G.W. Hospital. He waves.
* Dear China: Wish we could give you some advice on this whole fledgling democracy thing. Regrets, The United States of America. [via Polymeme]
* Via Talking Points Memo: Ayers, Shmayers; even those people who believe Barack Obama is a terrorist are still voting for him. Says one Obama supporter:
“Well, I don’t know much about this terrorist group Barack used to be in with that Weather guy but I’m sick of paying for health insurance at work and that’s why I’m supporting Barack.”
And in this newspaper:
– Photographer Darrow Montgomery and Senior Writer Jason Cherkis document the end of a Columbia Heights relic and ask: Does anybody care?
– In Cheap Seats, Dave McKenna talks race and Redskins. What’s black and white and reluctant to integrate all over?
– In Loose Lips, Mike DeBonis does Peter Nickles does Alberto Gonzales.
– and The Sexist launches its Manliest Workplace in D.C. tournament!
Photo by Jason Mogavero