* It’s not just for Republicans anymore! Michelle Obama wears fabulous, egregiously expensive jewelry, too. [via Wonkette].
* DCist Sommer Mathis cries foul on $9.95 plus shipping for a newspaper (don’t even get her started on the special election issue sweatshirt). Commemorative hand towels of DCist’s official declaration of election newsprint hype blog post coming soon.
* Prince of Petworth is two years old. Join him and other crown princes of the local blogosphere tonight at Wonderland to celebrate the milestone—-and toast to 730 more doors of the day.
* New Columbia Heights deems the new neighborhood Panda Express . . . decent!
* Catch up with the Good Guys strip club arson case as it happens with trial updates over at the Sexist.
* And in this newspaper: The Education Issue!
– Marina Koestler Ruben on D.C.’s English-Chinese bilingual charter.
– Dave McKenna on the end of a local football dynasty.
– Mike DeBonis on Michelle Rhee‘s rising star.
– Ruth Samuelson schools Obama hangers-on on where to reside in the District.
Photo by Army.mil