Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
Historically addresses ending in “SE” haven’t received the arts coverage that they would otherwise be showered with if they were located near 14th St. NW, but that doesn’t mean there’s not a thriving arts scene on the other side of the river. FOTO Week DC ends Saturday, but we at City Paper would be remiss not to point out some of the great SE venues participating in the festival:
- Honfleur Gallery: “Fragile” by John K. Lawson “examines the artist’s work pre and post Hurricane Katrina,” using “mixed media and C-prints.” 1241 Good Hope Rd SE
- ARCH Training Center & Development Corp: “Photo Collide” is a group show featuring “local student and emerging artists,” using “black and white and digital prints.” 1227 and 1231 Good Hope Road SE
- AEDC Building: “Hyperfotos” by Jean Francois Rauzier features “Large scale digital works by winner of the 2008 Arcimbaldo Award.” Corner of MLK Jr. Blvd SE & Good Hope Rd. SE
- 1922 MLK Jr Blvd SE: “The Female Form” byt JF Bauret & Renee Woodward “Compares black and white photography by two artists from different generations and countries.”
- Vivid Solutions: The National Geographic Photo Camp Exhibition features “digital prints by students of the National Geographic Photo Camp.”
Head on over to ARCH Development’s website for gallery hours and more information. Entry to all exhibits is free.