Good morning, City Desk readers. Some news:
- OffSeventh has a message for Feinstein and Bennett, regarding extended bar hours for inauguration: “Stick to your states unless you are willing to pay for this whole thing.” Edgar says, “I’m sick of these new arrivals trying to smear their smelly poop all over the most excellent party to hit DC since Nixon resigned.”
- What is (was) Truxton Circle? Where would it go? (Why) Do we need it? bloomingdale (for now) makes the case for bringing Truxton back.
- Petworth News reminds you that there’s an art fair this weekend at Domku. (If you’re not up for Scandinavian food, check out Kilroy Cleaners—it’s participating in the art fair by offering 5% dry cleaning discounts!)
- And Now, Anacostia has updates on the community’s efforts to save 1357 Good Hope.
- Officer Chante Brodie, the MPD’s community outreach coordinator for 4D, has some advice on how to keep your home and neighborhood burglary-free. (Speaking only for my stretch of street: I’d have to call the cops every 15 minutes if I stuck to these guidelines.)
- Jesse Jackson Jr. didn’t do it.
- Those bastards in Detroit got what they wanted. If Mark Pinsky has anything to say about it, journalism is next on the list.
Photo courtesy of flickr user walknboston.