Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
Doors opened at the Lincoln Memorial at 8 a.m. for Beyonce‘s biggest fans. TV reporters report people were sleeping in their cars at 3:30 a.m. to be the first in. The good news if you’re going:
- High today of 39 degrees, which is downright balmy compared to yesterday and the day before.
- Tiger Woods is totally coming. So is Laura Linney. That means there’s a party happenin’ right here.
- There seem to be no restrictions on bringing blankets and chairs.
Here’s the bad news:
- You can’t bring weapons, ammo, thermo and glass containers, backpacks, bikes, coolers, giant signs, or laser pointers. I assume whistles are fine for all you ravers.
- The much ballyhooed bag restrictions still apply. Stop off at Ace hardware before you go.
- For those of you who are not prepared to freeze off your hindparts, you can still see/hear the show without being a fancy HBO subscriber. It’ll stream on NPR.org and HBO.com.
Some more relevant info, via News Channel 4:
Public Entry A: Constitution Avenue at 19th Street
Public Entry B: Constitution Avenue at Virginia Avenue
Public Entry C: 17th Street at North Elm Walk
Public Entry D: 17th Street at South Elm Walk
Public Entry E: Independence Avenue at the DC War Memorial
The Reflecting pool area, JFK Hockey Fields and Constitution Gardens are open to the public and space will be available on a first come, first served basis.
I’m layering up and walking out the door now. See you there, Laura Linney!