Doors opened at the Lincoln Memorial at 8 a.m. for Beyonce‘s biggest fans. TV reporters report people were sleeping in their cars at 3:30 a.m. to be the first in. The good news if you’re going:
- High today of 39 degrees, which is downright balmy compared to yesterday and the day before.
- Tiger Woods is totally coming. So is Laura Linney. That means there’s a party happenin’ right here.
- There seem to be no restrictions on bringing blankets and chairs.
Here’s the bad news:
- You can’t bring weapons, ammo, thermo and glass containers, backpacks, bikes, coolers, giant signs, or laser pointers. I assume whistles are fine for all you ravers.
- The much ballyhooed bag restrictions still apply. Stop off at Ace hardware before you go.
- For those of you who are not prepared to freeze off your hindparts, you can still see/hear the show without being a fancy HBO subscriber. It’ll stream on NPR.org and HBO.com.
Some more relevant info, via News Channel 4:
Public Entry A: Constitution Avenue at 19th Street
Public Entry B: Constitution Avenue at Virginia Avenue
Public Entry C: 17th Street at North Elm Walk
Public Entry D: 17th Street at South Elm Walk
Public Entry E: Independence Avenue at the DC War Memorial
The Reflecting pool area, JFK Hockey Fields and Constitution Gardens are open to the public and space will be available on a first come, first served basis.
I’m layering up and walking out the door now. See you there, Laura Linney!