Today D.C. found it has 61 friends in the U.S. Senate, more than ever before. The approval of the D.C. House Voting Rights Act cleared its biggest hurdle and, barring some conceivable glitches regarding the pro-gun amendment attached to it today, this baby’s going to Obama. Here’s the roundup:
* DCist, which has been liveblogging, gets some knowledgeable commenters who outline what’s next. One of them kindly includes the full text of the amendment “the NRA gave DC residents.”
* WaPo‘s coverage includes a photo of proud-as-punch Eleanor Holmes Norton. You’ve still got to run, EHN!
* AP includes a timeline of the push for the vote, delineating that the Organic Act of 1801 can now suck it.
* The Economist breaks with its nature and leads with funnies: Stephen Colbert‘s takedown of EHN.
* Time.com goes big, leading with the idea that without the vote, D.C.ers don’t even exist. Whoa! Somebody sure loves his license plate…