We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
- CP alum John Cloud breaks it to middlebrow America: That snack you’re having after your workout? Kinda canceling out the work you did: “After we exercise, we often crave sugary calories like those in muffins or in “sports” drinks like Gatorade. A standard 20-oz. bottle of Gatorade contains 130 calories. If you’re hot and thirsty after a 20-minute run in summer heat, it’s easy to guzzle that bottle in 20 seconds, in which case the caloric expenditure and the caloric intake are probably a wash. From a weight-loss perspective, you would have been better off sitting on the sofa knitting.”
After the jump: more things that happened yesterday, but with bullet points!
- Like the swallows to Capistrano, so return corrections to the New York Times‘ Cronkite obit.
- Kappa Alpha sigh. Next year: Vegas!
- It would be funnier if this said “GREGRY”
- Bad teams…win close games?
- Also: It’s raining!