City Paper is not for tourists
Today, alongside halfsies offers for “three LipoLaser treatments” at Help for Health in Springfield and a “scrub” at Alexandria’s Frizzles Salon and Spa, Groupon is offering fire-sale prices on Washington Wizards tickets.
From the Groupon pitch:
Choose from the following seating options:
* $150 for One Box VIP Ticket (a $225 value, including all you can eat and drink of beer, wine, and soda at the Courtside Club)
* $37 for One Club level Ticket (an $80 value)
* $18 for One Upper Level Ticket (a $35 value)
These options are available for the following games:
* Saturday, February 5 vs. the Atlanta Hawks at 7:00 p.m.
* Tuesday, February 22 vs. the Indiana Pacers at 7:00 p.m.
* Monday, February 28 vs. the Chicago Bulls at 7:00 p.m.
* Wednesday, March 2 vs. the Golden State Warriors at 7:00 p.m.
* Saturday, March 5 vs. the Minnesota Timberwolves at 7:00 p.m.
* Saturday, March 12 vs. the Los Angeles Clippers at 7:00 p.m
This is at least the second time this season that Leonsis has cast his basketball team’s tickets into the bargain bin.
Meanwhile, I’m not aware of the Washington Capitals‘ tickets keeping company with scrubs and “LipoLaser treatments” on Groupon’s daily deals even once this year.
Groupon does seem a fine fit for this year’s Wizards, who’ve proven to be competitive in only half their games.
But, Blake Griffin at a deep discount?
Now THAT’s a bargain!