We value your support now more than ever.
All year we’ve been covering the issues that matter most to you—the pandemic, the election, policing, housing, and more—and now our end of year membership campaign is here. Will you support our work to ensure we can bring you the same informative local reporting in 2021?
- Andrew Noz takes the cover in a profile of Wale and a review of his new album Ambition. Noz doesn’t think the D.C. rapper’s talent actually lives up to his ambitions.
- Jonathan L. Fischer profiles Artspace, a new artist-only apartment building where it’s rather difficult to find a spot.
- The most viable local Republican candidate may be a lifelong Democrat, reports Loose Lips’ Alan Suderman.
- Young & Hungry’s Chris Shott takes note of the very sustainable (and economical) food use between 1789 and The Tombs: The scraps from the former head downstairs to feed college kids at the latter.
- Lydia DePillis writes about the neighborhood discord being caused by the dest- I mean, construction, in Adams Morgan.
Plus: All your favorite features and bits and pieces that don’t make it onto the site. Pick up your copy today!