Earlier this week when the Taxicab Commission voted for a proposal that would raise rates and modernize the fleet with newer cars and credit card machines, there was actually quite a bit of outrage from city dweller media types who tend to stick to national issues. While that’s probably because they rely more on cabs than most residents, one tweet from MSNBC contributor and news scion Luke Russert stuck out. Russert swears that if cabs get modernized by fall of next year, he’ll take one all the way to New York City.
But once his Diamond Cab pulls out of the Lincoln Tunnel, where should he go? We brainstormed a few places the young media mogul might head for:
- 30 Rockefeller Center—-so he can expense the fare to NBC
- McFadden’s/Calico Jack’s—-which proudly screens every Buffalo Bills game on every television in the bar
- Busboys & Poets’ new site in Harlem—-for a little taste of D.C.
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral—-granted, it’s across the street from Rockefeller Center, but for the devout Catholic in a hurry, he may want to stop there first
- Magnolia Bakery—-the one big-name cupcakery not yet present in D.C.
Any other suggestions? Leave them in the comments or let us know on Twitter.