Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
Hello! It’s Thursday! Go grab your copy of City Paper. It’s our best one yet.
- On the cover, Chris Shott profiles Chef Mike Isabella, the winner of “Top Chef” who’s starting his own mini restaurant empire here in the District. But is he expanding too quickly?
- A profile of retired MPD Det. David Swinson, author of crime noir novel “A Detailed Man.”
- Lydia DePillis explores life on the Housing Authority’s waiting list.
- How do D.C. Council challengers pay for their campaigns?
- Shott also profiles Carole Greenwood, the mysterious chef who pioneered exclusive dinner party dining.
- Plus: A new suggestion to throw your Kickstarter dollars at.