We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Hello! It’s Thursday! Go grab your copy of City Paper. It’s our best one yet.
- On the cover, Chris Shott profiles Chef Mike Isabella, the winner of “Top Chef” who’s starting his own mini restaurant empire here in the District. But is he expanding too quickly?
- A profile of retired MPD Det. David Swinson, author of crime noir novel “A Detailed Man.”
- Lydia DePillis explores life on the Housing Authority’s waiting list.
- How do D.C. Council challengers pay for their campaigns?
- Shott also profiles Carole Greenwood, the mysterious chef who pioneered exclusive dinner party dining.
- Plus: A new suggestion to throw your Kickstarter dollars at.