We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
The Washington Post keeps spewing its observations about millennials—this seemingly hard to define, but apparently homogenous generation that likes to spend all its recession-era money on frivolous shit.
City Desk has been keeping close tabs on this groundbreaking series, and based on our understanding of the reports, here’s a breakdown of what the hippest generation in D.C. is doing right now.
- 35 percent: Drinking wine
- 25 percent: Eating at Doi Moi
- 13 percent: Searching for emerging neighborhoods in D.C.
- 10 percent: Googling recipes for canned garbanzo beans
- 8 percent: Thinking about moving to Montgomery County now that it might lift its hipness quotient
- 7 percent: Wondering why we didn’t move to Montgomery County in February, when it was also going to get hipper
- 2 percent: Reading print editions of daily newspapers
Washington City Paper millennial and Gen X staffers contributed to this report.