Since round one didn’t leave much in the way of snow in D.C., the polar vortex is back today for round 2. This time around forecasters are expecting about 3 to 6 inches of snow today. Plenty of things are closed in the District is closed today (no word yet on specific bars and drink specials), so stay warm and enjoy the snow day.
Here’s a round up of the latest snow happenings and closings in the District:
- The federal government offices in the area are closed. (All federal workers should revert to their normal government shutdown schedules.)
- The D.C. government and D.C. Public Schools are also closed.
- The Metrorail and buses are operating on normal schedules now, but services could be reduced as weather conditions worsen later in the day. MetroAccess paratransit services have been suspended for the day.
- The National Zoo is closed (sorry, Bao Bao fans).
- The Smithsonian museums are currently open but could close later in the day.
- CapitalBikeshare seems to be open for business now, but may turn to its Severe Weather Policy later in the day.
Check back for more snow news as it develops.
Photo by Darrow Montgomery