Sign up for our free newsletter
Free D.C. news, delivered to your inbox daily.
A morning roundup of news, opinion, and links from Washington City Paper and around the District. Send tips and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metro is proposing to cut rush hour service on four lines in order to add capacity on the Blue Line. Headways on the Orange, Silver, Green, and Yellow lines would increase to eight minutes.
LEADING THE MORNING NEWS:
- Map: At least 255 pedestrians and cyclists have been struck in D.C. this year. [City Desk]
- Man sues D.C. for $30 million for wrongful murder conviction. [Post]
- Bowser expands the youth summer jobs program. [City Desk]
- D.C. Council will consider income tax cuts opposed by mayor. [ABC7]
RECENT CITY PAPER STORIES TO HELP YOU MAKE SENSE OF YOUR DAY:
R.I.P.: Former D.C. Taxi Commission Chairman Ron Linton died at age 86.
High-Volume Restaurant: This new restaurant and bar in Adams Morgan aims to be for music lovers what a sports bar is for sports lovers.
Up in Vapor: Will a tax force vape shops out of business?
LOOSE LIPS LINKS, by Will Sommer (tips? email@example.com)
- Muriel Bowser launches expanded summer jobs program. [City Desk, Post]
- Former at-large candidate Marc Morgan accused of mixing his campaign funds with Adams Morgan festival money. [WAMU, Post]
- Former taxi chief Ron Linton dies at 86. [LL, DCist]
- More from WCP‘s map of pedestrians and cyclists struck by cars. [City Desk]
- Program helps mothers go to rehab. [WAMU]
- Post ed board backs Phil Mendelson‘s tax cuts. [Post]
ARTS LINKS, by Christina Cauterucci is off today (tips? firstname.lastname@example.org)
YOUNG & HUNGRY LINKS, by Jessica Sidman (tips? email@example.com)
- Landlord files suit to evict Gypsy Soul from Mosaic District. [Post]
- Where to go for bar trivia in D.C. [Eater]
- How Songbyrd transformed one of Adams Morgan’s problem properties. [WBJ]
- Confluence Coffee Co. to sell D.C.’s first can of nitro cold brew. [Express]
- New York’s AG Kitchen makes its debut in Silver Spring. [Washingtonian]
- 10 bars you can’t go to after 30 [Thrillist]
- The seven hottest ice cream and gelato shops in D.C. [Zagat]