We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Although it won’t affect nearly as many streets as the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon will on Saturday, D.C.’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade will shut down parts of downtown from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday.
The Metropolitan Police Department says 7th Street NW between Constitution Avenue NW and Independence Avenue SW will be closed for that duration of that time. It adds the following streets will be closed from 11:45 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- Constitution Avenue between 6th Street and 23rd Street NW
- 9th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- 10th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- 12th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue NW and Independence Avenue SW / SE-SW freeway
- Access to 12th Street Tunnel from I-395 ramp SW
- 14th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Independence Avenue SW
- Inbound I-395 (14th Street Bridge) all traffic will be sent to eastbound I-395 SW Freeway.
- 15th Street between E Street to Constitution Avenue NW
- 17th Street between New York Avenue NW to Independence Avenue SW
- 19th Street between E Street to Constitution Avenue NW
- Virginia Avenue between 20th Street to Constitution Avenue NW
According to the parade’s organizers, spectators can watch the verdant, bagpipe-laden event along the following strip:
St. Patrick’s Day falls on March 17, a week from today. Sunday’s will be D.C.’s 45th annual St. Patrick’s Day parade. It begins at noon and will feature more than 100 groups: “Don’t forget to SPRING FORWARD for Daylight Savings Time!”
Courtesy Washington D.C. Annual St. Patrick’s Parade