We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
- Bob Mould, who’s been taking your questions on everything from grilling to health to juggling a band and a baby (metaphorically, that is), weighs in on satellite radio, new Internet radio royalties, and DRM. (He also spins at Blowoff tomorrow night at the 9:30 Club.)
- Much-discussed local duo Georgie James will release their first full-length in September on Saddle Creek. Jen Girdish has the story on why the album took longer to make than its creators expected.
- In reviews: David Dunlap Jr. on the new album from locals Darkest Hour; Brent Burton on a reissue of music by NoVa indie-rock pioneers Wingtip Sloat; and Ben Westhoff on Chicago MC Serengeti.
- Our concert picks: New York composer and violinist Jason Kao Hwang, who plays at Sangha on Sunday, and the Detroit Cobras, who play the Black Cat on Wednesday.
- In One Track Mind, Aaron Leitko on the Deleted Scenes song that made its writer lament, “Get over yourself, dude.”