Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
- Bob Mould, who’s been taking your questions on everything from grilling to health to juggling a band and a baby (metaphorically, that is), weighs in on satellite radio, new Internet radio royalties, and DRM. (He also spins at Blowoff tomorrow night at the 9:30 Club.)
- Much-discussed local duo Georgie James will release their first full-length in September on Saddle Creek. Jen Girdish has the story on why the album took longer to make than its creators expected.
- In reviews: David Dunlap Jr. on the new album from locals Darkest Hour; Brent Burton on a reissue of music by NoVa indie-rock pioneers Wingtip Sloat; and Ben Westhoff on Chicago MC Serengeti.
- Our concert picks: New York composer and violinist Jason Kao Hwang, who plays at Sangha on Sunday, and the Detroit Cobras, who play the Black Cat on Wednesday.
- In One Track Mind, Aaron Leitko on the Deleted Scenes song that made its writer lament, “Get over yourself, dude.”