Sign up for our free newsletter
Free D.C. news, delivered to your inbox daily.
- It’s maybe the most accessible disc they’ve made since The Bends.
- All the critics and OK Computer addicts who accused 21st Century Radiohead of being “melody-free and meandering” can rest easy now.
- After all the Jonny Greenwood electric-guitar-god hype of the last decade and the electronica fetishism of the last three records, In Rainbows is surprisingly heavy on the acoustic axe.
- That said, the drums here sound even more mechanical than on Kid A.
- Thom Yorke‘s voice has never sounded so pretty.
- People who cry foul at the fact that the mp3s are only 160kbps, rather than the CD-quality 192 kbps, have too much free time on their hands.
- I do still wish there was packaging, though.