Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
For this week’s best-of-music-in-2007 issue, we polled local independent record stores—yes, there are a few of them left—to list their best-selling records for the year. The lists below come from Adams Morgan’s Red Onion Records. “While we are primarily a used store, we do carry some select new titles,” explained owner Joshua Harkavy in an e-mail.
Red Onion Records & Books1901 18th St. NW, (202) 986-2718, redonionrecordsandbooks.com New:
- Home Blitz, Home Blitz (Gulcher)
- East of Underground, East of Underground (Wax Poetics)
- The History of Cut Nails in America, Shortstack (Gypsy Eyes)
- The Psychic Soviet (book), Ian Svenonius
- Eccentric Soul: The Prix Label (Numero Group)
- Remain in Light, Talking Heads
- Low, David Bowie
- Revolver, Beatles
- Beggars Banquet, Rolling Stones
- Mendocino, Sir Douglas Quintet