Harp magazine is back. Kinda. The Silver Spring-based music magazine, which ended its run in March, has relaunched as an online-only publication, Blurt, that includes a “digizine”—-a digital magazine that includes all the contents of a typical music magazine. Accessing new content is easy! If you want to read EIC Scott Crawford‘s editor’s note about the mag’s new direction, here’s all you have to do:
1. Go to www.blurt-online.com.
2. Click on the magazine cover at top right.
3. Click on the “next” button.
5. Again. Hurry, there’s an ad for an Amy Ray solo album!
6. Read pull quote: “The question on a lot of bloggers’ lips—-laptop screens—right now is, is print really dead?”
7. Realize that you can’t copy and paste said pull quote. Or e-mail the article. Or provide a direct link to it.
8. Note that, while print may be having a death rattle, ungainly Web-print hybrids are dead from the start.