Sign up for our free newsletter
Free D.C. news, delivered to your inbox daily.
Following an early New Year’s Day stabbing at Love nightclub in Northeast, District police ordered that the space be shut down for 96 hours, the Washington Post reports. At around 1:30 a.m., a man in his early 20s was stabbed; he suffered serious injuries that were not life-threating.
This was the third violent incident inside the club in a week, police said. “Whenever there is a weapon inside of a club I’m going to do an emergency closing,” District Police Chief Cathy Lanier told the Post. While Love is closed, police will examine the violent incidents and review the club’s security.
– The Office of Future Plans’ appearance at DC9 on Wednesday—-which I blurbed here—-is canceled. According to booker Steve Lambert, the J. Robbins-led group had a scheduling conflict. Adam Franklin & Bolts of Melody and the Jet Age will still perform.
– Apparently the LateNightShots New Year’s Eve party really sucked.
– A great All Our Noise session with Typefighter, who dropped an EP last year that I’ve been meaning to write about for a while. This’ll have to do for now.
– Wale, Phil Ade, and J. Cole perform at the 9:30 Club on New Year’s Day:
– A new video from local DJ duo Nadastrom: