We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Some local events, announced today, that will raise money for victims of the earthquake in Haiti—-a catastrophe that the Red Cross says may have claimed 50,000 lives:
- “DMV Helps Haiti” at Busboys & Poets: There will be a discussion, an open mic, and an auction featuring works by Demont Peekaso. Suggested donation: $10. Sunday at 6:30 p.m.
- A Benefit for the Victims of the Haiti Earthquake at the Black Cat: Sets from Tennis System, the State Department, and more. $10. Feb. 6 at 9 p.m.
- Cheeky Monkey Sideshow benefit at Palace of Wonders: $10, Friday at 10 p.m. Sideshow freaks and burlesque for a good cause!
- Not really arts-related, but cool: CrisisCamp Haiti at Sunlight Labs. The event “will bring together volunteers to collaborate on technology projects which aim to assist in Haiti’s relief efforts by providing data, information, maps and technical assistance to NGOs, relief agencies and the public.” Free. Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dubfire‘s going to be doing something. Nadastrom too.
- Diamonds in the Rough is hosting a benefit on Monday.
- Liberated Muse will host a benefit concert on Feb. 12 and is looking for performers.
- The Liberation Dance Party at DC9 will donate all proceeds to the Red Cross. $7. Friday at 9 p.m.
We’ll list more events as they’re announced. E-mail me if I’ve missed anything.