Today’s roundup is late and short! Sorry, readers.
– I really like this page, which compares the last.fm stats of different cities. Unfortunately, either there’s a bug or D.C. just does not listen to music. Could go either way! To judge by the nifty venn diagrams, Earth has only two truly international stars: Radiohead and Lady Gaga.
– A Giacometti sculpture sold for a shit-ton—-in fact, the biggest shit-ton ever!
– Hollywood Video filed for Chapter 11 and is closing more than 700 stores—-including two in D.C.
– Things I don’t care about but clearly someone does: Lost, stupid made-up rivalries between Best Director nominees who used to be married, pandas.
– In this week’s City Paper, on stands today: reviews of new music from Oddisee and Citay; Josha Ferris‘ sophomore novel The Unnamed; and three theater openings—-suicide.chat.room, Antony & Cleopatra, and The Rivalry.
I’m going to create a Giacometti out of ice and snow this weekend and sell it for cocoa! Have a great day!