We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
*Due to this weekend’s impending snow storm, many venues are postponing or canceling this weekend’s scheduled music acts. Make sure to check the venue’s individual Web sites (the links in each listing) before heading out into the cold to make sure the show you want to go to is still happening, as many are only closing on a case-by-case basis. And most importantly, stay warm!
- Scott Miller, Billy Coulter. IOTA Club & Cafe. $15. CANCELED.
- The Bang, Danger Man, The Sessions, Joel Sephy Trio. The Red & The Black. $8. 21+.
- Hotspur, No Second Troy, Margot MacDonald Band, Boys Will Be Boys. 9:30 Club. $15. RESCHEDULED FOR FEB. 19.
- Solar Powered Sun Destroyer, Pianos Become The Teeth, Gray Young, Prisms. Rock and Roll Hotel. $10.
- Stealin’ the Deal. Bangkok Blues. Call for price.
- Sonny Landreth, Tom Principato. Birchmere. $25. RESCHEDULED FOR MAY 29.
- Gato & the Palenke Music Co. Strathmore. $10 in advance, $12 at door. RESCHEDULED FOR APRIL 9.
- Hiromi. Wolf Trap. $25. CANCELED.
- Sean K. Preston, Eric Sommer, Czars of Leisure. Velvet Lounge. $8. 21+.
- Sonorus – Virginia’s 1st Wizard Rock Festival: The Dumbledore’s Army Band, Standing in Line, Madame Pince and the Librarians, The Blibbering Humdingers, Snidget, The Chocolate Frogs, Nagini, Bella and le Strangers, Lauren Fairweather (of the Moaning Myrtles), Justin Finch Fletchly and the Sugar Quills, Hawthorn and Holly, The Whomping Willows, Swish and Flick. Jammin Java. $20. POSTPONED.
- A Benefit for the Victims of the Haiti Earthquake: Tennis System, The State Department, Nunchucks, Honey House, DJ Keenan. Black Cat. $10.
- Evan Dando, The Candles. IOTA Club & Cafe. $20.
- Aunt Martha, The Last Monarchs. The Red & The Black. $8.
- Galactic featuring Cyril Neville, Cedric Burnside, Lightnin’ Malcolm. 9:30 Club. $25. RESCHEDULED FOR FEB. 8.
- Hard Swimming Fish. Bangkok Blues. Call for price.
- Walter Beasley. Birchmere. $37.50. RESCHEDULED FOR FEB. 20.
- James Madison University School of Music: Carl Donakowski, Gabriel Dobner. Kennedy Center Family Theater. $25.
- Greg Laswell, Michael Ketover. DC9. $12.
- Abrassive Actions, Engulfed in Flames, Orgy of the Damned, Over Indulgence, Gomorrah, Silver Syanide, Xstrophy, Gelidus Astrum, Invader, Undercurrent. Jaxx. $8 in advance, $10 day of.
- Screaming Females, Jeff the Brotherhood. Black Cat. $10.
- An Evening With The Residents. 9:30 Club. $25.
- Wolf’s Blues Jam: Hot Rods and Old Gas and Hot Roddess Lisa Lim. Bangkok Blues. Call for price.
- Peace Loving, Prince Rama of Ayodhya, Layne Stailey, Lost Civilizations. Velvet Lounge. $8. 21+.
- Lena Seikaly. Kennedy Center Millenium Stage. Free.
- The Who. Your TV – Super Bowl XLIV: New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts. Free.
Danger Man photo by Justin Tsucalas, via MySpace.