Get our free newsletter
The influential go-go outfit Junkyard Band formed 30 years ago, and like its peers Rare Essence, it’s taking measure of its legacy in 2010. The latter band, we already reported, is celebrating its 31st anniversary on Sept. 11. Now Junkyard has announced its own 30th birthday show: Aug. 7 at the Capitol Skyline Hotel. Like the Rare Essence show it’s going for a “grown and sexy” atmosphere—-the show is 25 and older.
In case you’re unconvinced, one of Junkyard’s show flyers lays out some bulletpoints:
- “1 of 5 Greatest Go-Go Bands of All Time”
- “1 of 4 Bands to sign National Recording Contract (Def Jam)”
- “Sardines —- Voted Best Go-Go Recording of All Time”
- “Only local Band to be in 2 National Movies”
- “7 Albums, Multiple Original Hits”
The Aug. 7 show goes from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.; advance tickets are $20.