We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Today, Washington City Paper debuted its first People Issue, a special edition of the paper dedicated to the folks who help make life in D.C. the creative, noisy, well-fed, funny, drunk, vibrant, (occasionally) nude, and ever-changing place it is.
We talked to a whole bunch of notable folks in the art world, all of whom you should get to know right now:
- Up-and-coming performance artist chukwumaa
- Stand-up comic (and one-time porn star) Jenn Tisdale
- Hemphill Gallery owner George Hemphill
- R&B veteran Little Royal
- Promising D.C. rapper Shy Glizzy
- Priests and Chain & the Gang singer Katie Alice Greer
- Dramaturg Hannah Hessel Ratner
- Synetic Theater movement artist (and naked-dancing enthusiast) Brynn Tucker
- Tavern and rock-club magnate Joe Englert
- PEN/Faulkner Foundation Executive Director Emma Snyder
- Jeff Stacey, founder of the U Street Jam Session
That’s not even the whole package. Browse the entire issue (complete with Darrow Montgomery‘s elegant portraits) right here, and pick up a fresh copy in boxes today.