We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Today, Washington City Paper debuted its first People Issue, a special edition of the paper dedicated to the folks who help make life in D.C. the creative, noisy, well-fed, funny, drunk, vibrant, (occasionally) nude, and ever-changing place it is.
We talked to a whole bunch of notable folks in the art world, all of whom you should get to know right now:
- Up-and-coming performance artist chukwumaa
- Stand-up comic (and one-time porn star) Jenn Tisdale
- Hemphill Gallery owner George Hemphill
- R&B veteran Little Royal
- Promising D.C. rapper Shy Glizzy
- Priests and Chain & the Gang singer Katie Alice Greer
- Dramaturg Hannah Hessel Ratner
- Synetic Theater movement artist (and naked-dancing enthusiast) Brynn Tucker
- Tavern and rock-club magnate Joe Englert
- PEN/Faulkner Foundation Executive Director Emma Snyder
- Jeff Stacey, founder of the U Street Jam Session
That’s not even the whole package. Browse the entire issue (complete with Darrow Montgomery‘s elegant portraits) right here, and pick up a fresh copy in boxes today.