Yep, it’s snowing again. The government is closed. So are schools. Unfortunately, this means a number of local cultural institutions have closed today as well. Here’s where you cannot go, even if you wanted to.
This post will be updated throughout the day.
Updated 5:05 p.m.
- Tonight’s performance of Tribes at Studio Theatre has been cancelled.
- Tonight’s performance and tomorrow’s matinee performance of The Tallest Tree in the Forest at Arena Stage have been cancelled. Patrons with tickets to tonight’s performance can call the box office to reschedule. Tickets to tomorrow’s matinee will be honored at a new performance on Wednesday, Jan. 29.
- Tonight’s performance of Gypsy at Signature Theatre has been cancelled. Ticket holders are encouraged to call the box office between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. tomorrow to reschedule.
- The Dunes has cancelled tonight’s showcase presented by The Underground. Check Facebook for rescheduling information.
- The Smithsonian will close all museums at 4 p.m.
- The Skypunch and Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots concert at DC9 has been cancelled.
- The Fillmore Silver Spring has postponed the In This Moment and Butcher Babies concert, scheduled for tonight, until Feb. 2. All original tickets will be honored and refunds are available at the place of purchase.
- National Building Museum
- Library of Congress
- National Gallery of Art
- National Archives
- Phillips Collection
- Kreeger Museum
- Folger Library
- National Zoo
- National Geographic Museum
- Dumbarton House
- National Museum of Women in the Arts
- U.S. Botanic Garden
- Flashpoint Gallery and Source Theatre
- The E.L. Doctorow reading originally scheduled to take place at Sidwell Friends School will now be held at 7 p.m. at Politics & Prose
- The Mansion and the Music Center at Strathmore close at noon.
- AFI Silver cancels all showings after 9 p.m.
- The David Broza concert at Sixth & I Historic Synagogue has been cancelled. Ticket holders will be emailed about refunds.
Old Executive Office Building photo via Shutterstock