We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
This weekend’s sexy and gendered to-dos.
Friday: Watch: your HIV status, women take it off.
– HIV testing at the Whitman Walker Clinic Elizabeth Taylor Medical Center, 1701 14th St. NW, 8:30 a.m.—-5 p.m.
– HIV testing at the Whitman-Walker Clinic NOVA, 5232 Lee Highway, Arlington, 8 a.m.—-5 p.m.
– HIV testing at the Whitman-Walker Clinic Max Robinson Center, 2301 MLK Ave. SE, 9:30 a.m.—-4 p.m.
– “Bitter Poet and Burlesque” at the Palace of Wonders, 1210 H Street NE, at 10 p.m. Show to feature the Bitter Poet (does not remove clothes) and burlesque artists Miss Mary Cyn and Reckless Abandon (remove clothes).
Saturday: Posh up at the Estate before gothing down.
– The seventh annual “Gay Day” at Hillwood Estate, Museum & Gardens will feature performances by DC Different Drummers, Lambda Squares, Rock Creek Singers, and Straight Eights, and an evening screening of The Women. 4155 Linnean Ave. NW, 1 p.m.—-6 p.m. $10-$22.
– Lady DJ duo Kim and Sara spin for free at the Black Cat backstage as “Kicks!”
– Get dirty to the sounds of DJ Panic of local “Goth-industrial fetish party” Bound fame—-who guest-spins tonight at weekly goth party & free cake proponent “Midnight.” The Meeting Place, 1707 L st NW, 9 p.m.—-2:30 a.m.
Sunday: Pizza lures the sci-curious.
– get involved with October’s GLBT sci-fi conference “Gaylaxicon.” Volunteer party features pizza! Convene at 1425 S St. N.W., noon—-1:30 p.m.